Sunday, July 8, 2012

a day in the life

I started out today with a 5k run. It was amazing! Perfect weather... sunny and hot but not humid, with a bit of a breeze. It was fantastic. And I came home with a healthy glow, aka sweat:


I haven't posted much in terms of food so I thought I would take a few pictures of what I ate today. Sorry the quality of the photos isn't great.

Post run snack consisted of cottage cheese, 1/2 banana with a little bit of honey bunches of oats on the top. I've been trying to incorporate cottage cheese into my diet because it's high in protein, and relatively low in calories and fat.





Next was lunch. I opted for one of my favorites: eggs! I fried two eggs and toasted two pieces of sourdough bread. I put avocado and a slice of deli turkey on the bread with some spinach. Cherry tomatoes on the side!


For supper I grilled with my friend Sarah. I had shrimp skewers and corn on the cob. So delicious!


I hope this gives you some ideas for healthy meals. If you have any favorite healthy recipes (especially those including cottage cheese!) please send them my way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nice meal ideas! I am impressed with your cottage cheese choice-reminds me of this healthy option-a good change from yogurt!

    Lunch looks super tasty too! I notice you didn't include snacks...I am trying to eliminate these as you know I am finding this tricky.

    (Love the pic BTW) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely ate snacks throughout the day!! It's a good way to keep your metabolism up. I wouldn't try to eliminate snacks, but maybe make better snack choices? :)

    ReplyDelete