Saturday, September 22, 2012

next race!

I signed up for my next 10km race today. I will be participating in the Valley Harvest Marathon in Wolfville, NS on October 7th. I'm really excited for this race as I will be doing it with my sister Nikki, my brother in law Ray and my dad! I enjoyed the Maritime Race Weekend but I missed having some running partners.

My other latest exercise endeavor is participating in a program called Big Bears to Little Bears at the UMaine campus gym. I see a trainer twice a week with two friends. There are weekly challenges where we compete against other teams. Included in the package is an unlimited pass to fitness classes. Saw my trainer for the first time on Thursday. SO SORE the next day. But in a good way! During the summer I put strength training on the back burner as I concentrated on running. Now I am trying to find a balance between running and strength which can be difficult. I don't want to push myself too hard, but I don't want to hold back when I could be doing more!

My plan for the next week:

Sunday - 5km run, fitness assessment (consists of running 1 mile, doing push ups and sit ups)
Monday - training
Tuesday - 10km run
Wednesday - 3km run, fitness class
Thursday - Training
Friday - 6km
Saturday - yoga

How do you balance running with cross training and strength training?

No comments:

Post a Comment