Tuesday, June 26, 2012

rain rain go away

I am now on week 3 of my 10k training plan:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 4k
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: 4k
Friday: rest
Saturday: 6k
Sunday: 30 min walk

This means that today would be a 4k run. I look outside when I get home from work and:


downpour, including high wind gusts. Even a rainfall warning! So I decided to keep my workout indoors and repeat this circuit I did on Friday. It was still brutal, however I managed to increase on all my reps and take shorter breaks. I really like circuit training as a way to cross train. If anyone has a favorite circuit that requires minimal or no equipment please share!

I recently bought some new workout clothing that I can't wait to try out!

First off, I bought this adidas running skirt:

Photo credit: http://runsweatsparkle.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/awsprps-wh-1.jpg   


I've never owned a running skirt before so I'm pretty excited! The polka dots are black and red.

I also recently purchased this top:



I love how the back is mesh. I have a tendency to get overheated while exercising, so I'm hoping this feature will keep me cool.

Now let's all hope for good weather tomorrow so I can get my 4k completed!

1 comment: