Saturday, June 23, 2012

Circuit Training & 6k

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Yesterday I finally got to try out this circuit I mentioned in my last post. It was VERY difficult! Sweat was dripping down my face and I wanted to stop so many times. But I held on and I'm glad I finished it. I'm feeling it today in my glutes, quads, chest and abs. My boyfriend Jamie kept time and counted reps for me, then we switched. We took a longer break then recommended and did 2 sets of the circuit in total. I want to do this again and improve on my times and decrease my rest time. It is a must try for anyone [like me]  who doesn't have a gym membership.

About to start my pushups

This morning I went running with my sister Nikki and my brother in law Ray. I was scheduled to do 6k. Nikki is training for a half marathon and was scheduled to do 11k. We did the first 6k all together and it was fantastic! Running in a group makes a huge difference. After I completed 6k I then walked back to their apartment while they finished the 11k. It was a great run!

My fellow east coast runners

Do you prefer to run alone or in a group?

No comments:

Post a Comment